Thursday, April 15, 2010

LOVE..

Salam..

I want to share a story that i wrote last year during my english tuition class.Perhaps it was the best essay i ever wrote in my secondary life...hehehee.
.(can you find the meaning of love from this story?...)

This question had always popped in my mind ‘who were my parents?’‘Everyday we pray together so someone will adopt us as their children.We were the boys from Saint Anthony’s orphanage.At this time any boys who were not adopted will be sent to join the army. Being a soldier is a very harsh job. So , if anyone came to choose us , we will dress in our best uniform . Most of the villagers liked boys who were tall and tough , so that they could helped in the field.


One day , we were asked to stand in a line . We knew that someone was coming to adopt on of us. So , when the handsome young man came in the door , everyone was silent.Father Joseph told that he was looking for his long lost brother.He looked at us one by one. He then came towards me and smiled. He told Father Joseph that I was his lost brother. Father Joseph said that he might be wrong because I was not an ordinary boy.I had lost my left arm since I was a baby. That explained the fact that why I had not been adopted for a long time. However , the man just smiled


‘ It’s okay.I know my brother’ he said and asked me to pack my belongings. After I packed my things , he lead me to his carriage. I waved to my friends. He told that we were going to London and his name was Benjamin. He said that he was not my brother nor any of my relatives. He just made the whole story in front of the priest to convince him to adopt me. Although that was not I wanted to hear but I accepted it without question.


When we arrived in London two days after , we stayed in a house behind a big factory. ‘Why are you bringing someone?’ asked Nathen , Benjamin’s friend.’We need him for us to gain money,we could use him to beg money’,Benjamin replied.Nathen was once a school teacher , but after getting involved with gang robbery he was wanted by the police. That night Benjamin asked me what I really wanted in life. So I bluntly said that I wanted to meet my parents.His face changed after I said that.


That morning , around three Benjamin and Nathen brought me to the graveyard. Benjamin started to dig a hole in one of the graves. I was still sleepy and had not a clue what was going on.Then I saw Benjamin pulled gold teeth from a dead man.I vomited out.I saw worms coming out from the dead man’s mouth.Benjamin also collected jewellary used by the man.Now I realized that I was involve with grave robbery.I was asked to wait near the carriage incase if someone came,then I would blow the flute.


The next morning we went to meet a dentist.The dentist examined the teeth brought by Benjamin.Mostly he shook his head without saying anything.Finally he then said that the teeth were not that valuable.The real teeth under the gold were rotten.Nathen was angry and went out from the clinic.Benjamin led me outside the clinic.


That evening , I was forced to wear dirty clothes. Benjamin then brought me to the market and gave me money. What an innocent boy , handicapped at a young age, let us all help you, he said. A young lady who heard what he said and gave me money.That night I collected a lot of money for Benjamin and Nathen to pay the house rent.They even used extra money to gamble,but unfortunately they lost.They came home drunk and smelled sour.


The next morning I was forced to snatch valuable things from the people in the market.After observing Nathen’s skill in snatching he then asked me to try. Benjamin and Nathen waited near the corner of the market in case something happened.Before lunch I managed to snatched 4 handkerchiefs and 3 wallets. Unfortunately, that afternoon, I was caught by the policeman. Nathen and Benjamin could not do anything,they ran away to save themselves.


I was sent to the boy’s home.We were forced to work night and day.We helped to soak the bottles in a hot water.My hand burnt and swollen. I was bullied by them and was not given enough food. Every night I prayed so someone came to rescue me from this godforsaken place.The next week Benjamin and Nathen came to the boy’s home with a letter in their hand.They told the officers that I was the governor’s nephew.Benjamin whispered to me that the letter was fake. I was released.


We were heading our way to Mexico to start a new life. “You thought we are leaving you, ain’t you?’Benjamin asked. ‘No,I knew that you’ll come to rescue me’ I replied with relief in my face.Benjamin told me the whole story of my parents. He was actually my father’s brother. My parents were both dead. My father was killed by my mother’s father who did not approve their marriage. My mother could not face the fact that her husband was dead so she killed herself. My grandfather blamed me for what had happened and wanted to kill me. So Benjamin had to sent me away to the orphanage. He had promised himself to take me back after everything settled. Now I was glad that I knew my parentage.Although Benjamin and Nathan were criminals i still love them rather then being a child laborers in the orphanage.Actually both of them were good hearted and thought me about life even though they steal for a living.


2 comments:

  1. wahhh yaya.. suka baca cerita tok... best2.. hihi.. rindu nak tuisyen.. -____-

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahh..kalau Jasmin buat essay?? huh~~ hancus2~~~~

    ReplyDelete